This summer has been long in coming, but worth the wait because I'm hitting the ground running. In the immortal words of one Michael Jackson, "Don't stop 'til you get enough! Hee-hee!" So, I don't intend to stop this summer until I have the three creative works I've been pouring my soul into this past year up and out there. So, how will this happen? It will come about thanks to the Top Ten Reasons This Will Be THE BEST WRITING SUMMER EVA!
10. Finally got a new laptop, two months after the untimely death of my faithful sidekick who met a sad end right as things were starting to get good. (Fortunately, no work was lost in the process)
9. The pool is open and my adorable minions don't need me to keep their heads above water anymore. So, I'm free to sit comfy on the side and type on the aforementioned, new laptop.
8. My day job responsibilities are few and far between this summer, and if all goes well on the writing-front...they might just disappear all together.
7. One word--R-E-S-P-E-C-T--Everyone in the household is on board with me being a writer.
6. I've gone to enough author-reader events now that I'm completely addicted, and the only way to justify more events is to put out more work.
5. My beta readers are chomping at the bit for the new stuff. (It's coming soon! Promise!)
4. The nice Indian Dell service representative walked me through releasing the build up of static electricity from the battery of my new laptop so that it would once again turn on. (Yes, this really was a thing.)
3. I've got the best writing network (WOOT! KIW) surrounding me and working with me, guiding me, and condoling me when things don't go as planned (as they so often don't).
2. My formatting and cover design skills have come a long way over the past few years.
1. Finally, as #2 set up, I have two covers to reveal here for a new Paranormal Romance Series I've been working on that will go with the two releases I can't wait to put out there.
So, check back here a week from Thursday, for the BIG REVEAL!
Until then, happy reading and writing!