Call it a fad, call it peer pressure, call it being responsible...whatever you call it, I'm breaking my resolution to never make resolutions and...well...resolving to accomplish a few things this year. Nothing fancy, just gonna try to accomplish a little here and there. 2013 is shaping up to be my lucky year, so here are my 2013 resolutions that will get me started:
1. Blog regularly, and to that end, make Saturday my day to get blogposts written and scheduled.
2. Journal at least five times a week so that I have something to blog about.
3. Carry my journal with me everywhere because my brain doesn't have an on/off switch, more's the pity.
4. Finish my current projects--two full-length YA's and a fantasy romance novella by the end of July.
5. Write one hour, five days a week, about 1000 words a day.
6. Schedule four fun, interesting, and informative writing meetings for KYRW for 2013 (somehow they got into their minds I could be the president of the organization)
7. Don't get discouraged. When things don't go as planned, pick up and keep moving forward.
8. Continue to explore options. Both trad and self-pub are viable in today's market.
9. Marketing will be a tool, not an obsession. I will interact with my social media about thirty minutes five days a week and most of that will be actual interaction.
10. I will read six books this year, at least three outside of my genre of choice.
So there it is. My plan for 2013. Nothing about working out or eating more nutritionally. Just highly-motivating, ambitious goals of heart-nudging greatness-unearthed.
Join me if you'd like. Comment on some thangs you're planning to do to change your life into a rhythmic swirl of awesomeness this year.
Happy Reading and Writing!